Downhole Hydraulics Management for Horizontal Drilling
Jun. 19, 2018, 11:30AM - 1:30PM
Proper hydraulics management is critical for the success of any drilling operation. Horizontal wells present their own unique challenges with large pressure losses occurring within the system even at shallow depths. Hole cleaning is particularly problematic for long horizontal wells.
During this lunch and learn, PVI will share information on fundamental hydraulics concepts, the calculation methods employed by HYDPRO, different analysis modes, and hole cleaning calculations within HYDPRO.
- Fundamental hydraulics concepts
- Variables that affect pressure and ECD calculations
- Variables that affect hole cleaning calculations
- Different analysis modes in HYDPRO and how to use them
- Hydraulics calibration feature to look at the changes variables will make while drilling
- How to consider operational parameters such as:
- Trip speed as it affects surge and swab
- Flow rate as it affects hole cleaning
- Nozzel sizes to optimize available hydraulic horsepower or jet impact force at the bit
Location:PVI Headquarters, 6100 Corporate Dr., STE 448, Houston, TX, 77036
Deadline:June 15, 2018
By submitting the signup form, you agree to submit your information. PVI takes precautions to protect your information.