Torque and Drag Software (TADPRO) Training
Oct. 17–18, 2019 | 8AM - 5PM | PVI Conference Room, Houston, TX
The torque and drag training course includes fundamental torque and drag concepts, common applications for drilling and casing running, and an exploration of both the capabilities and limitations of torque and drag software.
Torque and Drag Software Training Syllabus (pdf)
- Explain fundamental concepts of friction in a wellbore
- Understand and model common torque and drag applications
- Describe the common torque and drag limitations and challenges in drilling and casing running
- Describe the benefits of torque and drag software models
- Describe common torque and drag reduction techniques
- Explain the oil and gas industry’s responses to torque and drag limitations
- Describe operational lines in torque and drag software and the parameters that define them
- Explain the torque and drag equations and how each variables affects drilling and casing running
- Calibrate a torque and drag model to field results to determine the actual friction factors
- Use torque and drag software to model a well, identify problems, and alleviate or remediate those problems
Learning Level:Beginner - Intermediate
Course Length:2 Days
About the Instructors:John McCormick has worked for several service companies, including five years at Weatherford in the Global Drilling Tools Unit where he was responsible for torque and drag reduction tools and five years at Halliburton as a Global Technical Advisor in the VersaFlex Expandable Liner Hanger sub product line. With 12 years of industry experience, John has run numerous hydraulics models for split flow with underreamers and other downhole tools.
Cost:$1,000 USD (1-month free TADPRO included)
By submitting the registration form, you agree to pay the above amount and agree to our cancellation policy.