FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Click the most frequently asked questions to view the solutions.
- 1. What are the software licensing and purchasing options?
- 2. What is U&M plan?
- 3. How can I keep my software up-to-date?
- 4. How to install PVI software?
- 5. How to run PVI software?
- 6. How is PVI software supported?
- 7. Do I have to use administrator privileges to use PVI software?
- 8. How to solve "Run-time error '339': Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" problem?
- 9. What should I do if the software in the client's computer cannot find the server HASP dongle?
- 10. How to solve "The Microsoft® jet database engine cannot open the file ".mdb", it is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view the data." problem?
- 11. How do I solve the problem of "draw2d.ocx" "wbocx.ocx", "tabctl32.ocx", or some other ".ocx" file that is not correctly registered?
- 12. How to solve the "ODBC driver not found" problem?
- 13. What does "Feature not found", "USB dongle (key) not found", and "Not authorized to run this problem" mean?
- 14. I plugged in the dongle, but the software tells me to activate license or that my license was expired.
- 15. When upgrading Windows® 8 to 8.1, the system asks to uninstall Sentinel Runtime Drivers.
- 16. I received the error message "you don't have an appropriate license to use this functionality". How do I solve this problem?
- 17. How to solve "There is no seat available" problem?
- 18. How to setup network license?
- 19. How to activate the standalone license?
- 20. How to restart the license manager service?
- 21. How to restart the sentinel LDK license manager service?
We offer a choice of perpetual and leasing with different terms. We also provide network or standalone license options. Contact [email protected] for more information about licensing.
The Technical Support, Upgrade and Maintenance Plan (U&M) is designed to make PVI software updated. This is an annual plan that covers three categories: Technical support, Upgrade and Maintenance. Technical support services include telephone, e-mail and web-based support from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm USA Central Time. PVI provides technical explanations on software, direct support from PVI (no 3rd party "level-tier" support) and rapid response time (no automated phone system, phone tag or minimum wait period). We respond within 24 business hours. Upgrade services include software upgrades and updates. No extra fee is required to obtain new versions. Maintenance services is where we provide necessary support to ensure PVI software works with updated Windows operating systems.
The PVI development team constantly strives to enhance all aspects of current software in order to stay in the forefront of advanced drilling technologies. Due to these efforts, our software does have updates from time to time. To update your software, please contact: [email protected]. Current U&M customers can update at any time for no additional fee.
Before installing the software, please log in with administrator privileges. You may get the setup instructions from the software CD or download the link sent to you by the PVI support team.
CD Installation: Insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installation program will automatically start. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Download Link Installation: Click the download link to download the .exe file. Double click to install the software.
After installing the PVI software, the software icon will appear on your desktop, double click it to run the software.
PVI software is supported in many different ways. A detailed user's manual is included with every software package. You can also find a digital version of the user's manual in our software by clicking the help button located at the upper-right-hand corner of the software interface. Furthermore, you can e-mail us at [email protected] with any technical issues and a support representative will return your e-mail promptly.
For current U&M customers, PVI provides advanced technical support from our IT staff, developers and sales team by phone, e-mail or web-based support. Contact [email protected] for more information.
No, but we strongly suggest you install and run the PVI software under administrator privileges. As long as the user has the privilege to modify the Windows® folder you will be fine. You can grant normal users (i.e., not the administrator) the privilege to read and write the Windows® folder as well.
This alert message happens when the tab control is not correctly registered. You can choose to manually register this ".ocx" file, launch the command prompt, then route to "C:\windows\system32" Type in "regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx" and press enter. A window will pop up and tell you that it is successfully registered.
Alerts concerning ".ocx" and ".dll" file registrations can be solved in the same way above, by just changing the file name.
You can try to configure the "nethasp.ini" file in the installation directory. You can specify the server's IP address at "NH_SERVER_ADDR". This will save time when searching for the hasp dongle in the intranet.
This alert message pops up when you do not have MS Access installed on your computer. Install the MS Access and restart PVI software. If you do not have access, contact our support team: [email protected] for more solutions.
This issue occurs during the following circumstances:
- You do not have administrator privileges when you run PVI software. The software needs to register the supporting file in the Windows® system folder. Normally, only the administrator has privileges to modify the files in the system folder (including registration).
- The ".ocx" file is not correctly registered in your system configuration. You can run command prompt with administrator's privilege, reroute to the Windows® system folder and type in "regsvr32 draw2d.ocx" (or other .ocx).
The database used in PVI software is created using Microsoft Access®. You do not need to have Access installed on your computer to run the software, but you need the ODBC driver of Access to communicate with the database. To solve this problem, install Microsoft Access® on your computer (the ODBC driver for Access will be installed automatically) or you can manually install the ODBC driver for Access.
These messages may indicate that your license is expired. Please e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know which software you are using and the version and alphabet letter on the dongle, so we can better assist you to update your license.
Sometimes it takes a little while for a new USB port to install the driver and read the dongle. Wait until the dongle has a solid red light before you start the software. Try another USB port if it doesn't work.
When you upgrade your operating system from Windows 8® to Windows 8.1®, the system may ask you to uninstall "Sentinel Runtime Drivers". To proceed, open 'Control Panel', find the 'Add Remove Programs', and uninstall "Sentinel System Driver/Sentinel Runtime" entirely. Then after upgrading your operating system from Windows 8® to Windows 8.1®, install the newer HASP on your computer. Click here to download the HASP package. If the problem still exists, reinstalling PVI product may be required. Please make sure an IT expert is with you if you want to reinstall it by yourself. You can also contact our Technical Support for help.
Make sure you have the admin privilege. Go to C:\Program Files\PVI\[your PRODUCTNAME]\GSfix290.exe, double click to run this .exe file under Administrator privilege. Restart your PVI software. If problem still exists, please contact [email protected] for further help.
For customers who have purchased the network license, please refer to the.pdf file below for detailed instructions.Network License Installation Instructions
For customers who have purchased the standalone license, please refer to the .pdf file below for detailed instructions.Registration Procedure
Please refer to the .pdf file below for detailed instructions.License Manager Service Restart Instructions
Please refer to the .pdf file below for detailed instructions.Sentinel LDK License Manager Service Restart Instructions