LCPRO - Lost Circulation **Coming Soon**
During drilling or cementing operations, drilling fluid or cement slurries may be lost into the permeable or cavernous formations. This is called lost circulation. Treatment of lost circulation has become an important aspect of a successfully constructing a well. Pumping in lost circulation treatment material (LCM) while controlling bottom hole pressure and temperature requires a complete understanding of the hydraulic and thermal conditions in the wellbore.
Pegasus Vertex, Inc. developed LCPRO to assist in the design of drilling, cementing, or well treatment operations where lost circulation is present. The simulator models the fluid displacement process with a planned pumping schedule, different loss conditions, and any annular filling operations.
Stay tuned for the updates of this software by subscribing to the PVI e-newsletter.
- Loss rate at different formation conditions
- Multiple annulus fill situations
- Lost volume vs. time
- Free-fall/back-fill (U-tubing) calculation
- ECDs/pressures at various depths vs. time
- Handling of up to 13 fluids, each pumped at up to 40 different rates
- Fluid displacement animation
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2007 or later
- Dual core processor, 1 GHz or faster
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution with true color or higher with small font
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI