CDEx - Casing Design Expert
Casing strings are an indispensable asset to prevent the borehole from caving in, protect water sands from contamination, and control pressure in the well. They also serve as a path for production tubing, making it essential to determine a suitable casing string that can resist all potential loads while keeping budgets in mind.
CDEx, Pegasus Vertex’s casing design software, implements an industry-accepted physics model to perform accurate and practical casing designs for complicated drilling circumstances.
Burst, collapse, tension, compression, bending, buckling and temperature effects are all incorporated into CDEx to analyze the casing strings’ capabilities.
CDEx analyzes the strength of the user-selected casing strings and automatically generates a reliable design solution using minimum expenses with three design options. This software allows the user to create multiple design scenarios in order to conduct comparisons. The intuitive user-interface makes the sophisticated casing design process easy and simple.
- Land and offshore wells
- Shoe depth selection
- Expandable casing database
- Casing availability setup
- Casing material and grade settings
- Temperature effect on casing strength
- Wellbore schematic in vertical and trajectory view
- 18 burst loads, 12 collapse loads, 6 axial loads and user-defined loads
- Manual casing design
- Fast one-section casing design
- Minimum cost casing design
- Worst scenario design
- Triaxial design ellipse plot
- Axial stress check for both casing body and connection
- Customizable design report
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2010 or later
- Dual core processor, 1.4 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI