Dr. DE - Drilling Engineering Toolbox
This past century has been the most pivotal in the advancement of drilling technology with the most influential drilling professionals collaborating with literature, books, and computer programs. Despite these developments, the amount of information we are receiving can often times be overwhelming.
Much of the technological advances and engineering applications from the past four decades have been encompassed into Dr. DE software. Dr. DE is a comprehensive collection of drilling engineering calculations all in a straightforward and user-friendly software.
Flipping through handbooks and spreadsheets to find solutions is no longer an issue. With Dr. DE, the user has access to 190+ functions ranging from drilling engineering fundamentals to advanced well path designs and 3D wellbore visualizations, all in one software.
Dr. DE is available as a standalone and web based software. For a limited time only, PVI is offering a 90-day free trial of Dr. DE’s web-based software for subscribers. Click here to subscribe to the PVI newsletter.
We are also offering Dr. DELite, a compact mobile application that turns daily drilling calculations into accurate solutions on your mobile devices. This free app is equipped with 29 functions that are divided into 11 groups. To download Dr. DELite for free, please scan the following QR code or download the app from your mobile phone.
If you’re a returning customer, click here for direct access to the Dr. DE web application login page.
** For a limited time, a complimentary 3-month Dr. DE leasing license will be included in any book purchases. Tax, shipping and handling cost will be applied. Contact email@example.com for more information about book purchasing.**
- Over 190 functions in 26 groups (Standalone only. Web-based Dr. DE has over 180 functions)
- Extensive and expandable tubular, centralizer and fluid database
- 3D well path visualization
- Intelligent 2D well path design
- Detailed illustrations
- Search function and favorite list
- Professional reports
- Export report to 10 different formats
- US oil field, SI and customized units
- Company account with multiple users (web-based only)
- 29 functions in 11 groups
- White Paper
- Mobile Apps
Dr. DE also comes as a free mobile app called Dr. DE Lite, a condensed version that allows users to make quick calculations for both Android and iOS devices. This free app is equipped with 29 functions that are divided into 11 groups. It is a must-have resource for every drilling engineer and technician.
Rig Math - $90
, published by Drilbert Engineering, Inc., 2011
Rig Math presents an easy way to learn the math used in drilling. It is a highly visual approach that makes math extremely easy and intuitive. The reader will learn to reason his way through any well control problem without using complicated equations or a kill sheet. Rig Math covers the hierarchy of operations in equations, use of scientific calculators, multiplying fractions with words, conversion factors, elementary algebra and much more.
For a limited time, a complimentary 3-month Dr. DE leasing license will be included in any book purchases. Tax, shipping and handling cost will be applied. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about book purchasing.
Desktop Application System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2010 or later
- Dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 1.4 GHz or faster. Quad-core CPU recommended. Not compatible with ARM processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI
Web Application System Requirements
- IE 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- Flash player 11 or later