StuckPipePro - Stuck Pipe Analysis Model
A stuck pipe can result from a wide variety of causes. Typically, these causes are related to mechanical sticking and differential sticking. Mechanical sticking can be caused by key seating, under gauge holes, wellbore instability, poor hole cleaning and related causes. Differential sticking typically occurs when high-contact forces caused by low reservoir pressures, high wellbore pressures, or both, are exerted over a sufficiently large area of the drill string.
Stuck pipe occurrences are widely held to be the most expensive drilling problems confronting the petroleum industry and the cost of correcting them can amount to millions of dollars. Running an analysis of well data to predict the stuck chance of a drill string is becoming more imperative.
Pegasus Vertex, Inc. has developed StuckPipePro to calculate differential sticking force, drag, stuck chance along drill strings or casings for pick up operations. It also determines free points and requires back off forces. In addition, the stuck mechanical analysis and a decision flow chart help users find the stuck causes and take corresponding measures to free the pipe.
- 3D wellbore
- Multiple wellbore, pipe and formation sections
- Axial drag and side force calculations
- Differential sticking
- Additional side force due to pipe stiffness
- Friction factors for different wellbore intervals
- Friction factors for each pipe
- Extensive tubular database included
- 3D visualization of any user-defined parameter
- Microsoft Word® report
- US oil field, SI and customized units
- Microsoft Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2013 or later
- Dual core processor, 1.4 GHz or faster. Not compatible with ARM processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI