CleanMax - Wellbore Cleanup Model
The first step to ensure an optimum completion is to remove leftover drilling fluid residue and casing debris. This requires that the drilling mud be changed out with solids-free completion fluids. Completion fluid displacement involves multiple fluids sequenced in circulation. Varying flow rates, flow paths, circulation subs, multiple stages and possible HTHP conditions make it increasingly difficult to determine pump pressures and bottomhole ECDs. Despite these significant challenges, however, detailed planning of the wellbore cleanup operations can help ensure both job success and well productivity.
CleanMax, the next generation of wellbore cleanup software, enables both service companies and operators to optimize their completion displacement operations. It is designed to help minimize spacer interfacing and reduce rig time, pill volumes and filtration costs, ultimately resulting in safer operations and cleaner wellbores.
Our advanced version, CleanMax+, is designed for deepwater operations, which involve displacements using the choke, kill, and boost lines and a combination of various steps. CleanMax+ predicts the temperature distributions in the wellbore by calculating the transient heat transfer between wellbore and sea water/rock formation.
**New Version Coming Soon!**
PVI is adding 2 new features to CleanMax, (1) spacer train design and (2) flow split with 2 circulation subs. To strike a balance between annular velocity and coverage, flow regime, the spacer train design window helps users quickly calculate fluid volumes in sequence with visualization of all fluids in annulus. The complex of flow splits with 2 circulation subs is solved with the 2nd new feature. The benefits of lower pump pressure and ECD and reasonable annular flow rate in lower wellbore sections are shown in the table and wellbore schematic.
- Up to 16 operation stages for land wells
- Free-fall/back-fill (U-tubing) calculation
- ECDs/pressures at various depths vs. time
- Up to 12 fluids for each stage
- Circulating temperature prediction
- Fluid compressibility
- Pressure and temperature dependent rheology
- Effects of pipe standoff on hydraulics
- Circulation sub and gravel pack
- Coiled tubing operation
- Oil field, SI, and customized units
- Spacer train design Coming Soon
- Flow split with 2 circulation sub Coming Soon
- Mobile Apps
Pegasus Vertex, Inc. has extracted most-used components from our advanced software, CleanMax, and created a handy mobile app CleanMax Lite to aid with wellbore cleanup operations. CleanMax Lite quickly and accurately calculates fluid volumes, contact times and creates 2D and 3D fluid displacement animations.
To download CleanMax Lite for free, please scan the following QR code or click here to download the app from your mobile devices.
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2010 or later
- Dual core processor, 1.4 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI