PlugPRO - Cement Plug Placement Model
Setting a cement plug on the target zone either creates a solid seal to stop fluid movement or provides a kick-off point for sidetrack drilling operations. The process involves pumping cement slurry down the work string into the targeted zone, removing the work string from the cement column and allowing the cement slurry to harden in the wellbore. The volume of spacers pumped ahead and behind cement and the volume of displacement is critical to the quality of the cement plug. The traditional method is to pump all the fluids until each fluid level is equal to that inside the string. The limitation to this method is that the fluid could be contaminated once the string is pulled out of the hole due to variable fluid densities as well as wellbore and work string sizes.
Pegasus Vertex, Inc. has developed PlugPRO, software that models the displacement hydraulics of fluids and simulates fluids contamination during pipe pull out of hole. PlugPRO aids in optimizing the pumping schedule to minimize contamination within the cement slurry and spacer once the work string is pulled out of hole, ultimately, enhancing wellbore integrity.
- Optimize fluid volume to balance slurry and spacer levels
- Under-displacement volume calculation
- Customized pumping schedule
- Fluid contamination after pulling pipe out of the hole (POOH)
- ECDs and pressure
- Hydraulics calculation
- Circulating temperature simulation
- Displacement and POOH animation
- Hook load during displacement
- Microsoft Word® report
- Oil field, SI, and customized units
Well Cementing, 2nd Edition - $198
and , published by Schlumberger, 2006.
Cementing is arguably the most important operation performed on a well. Well cementing technology is an amalgam of many interdependent scientific and engineering disciplines which are essential to achieving the primary goal of well cementing - zonal isolation. This textbook is a comprehensive and up-to-date reference concerning the application of these disciplines to cementing a well. "Well Cementing" is envisioned as an upper-level university book, as well as a reference for practicing engineers and scientists.
PVI's technical contributions on surge pressure prediction are featured in this book.
For a limited time, a complimentary 3-month Dr. DE leasing license will be included in any book purchases. Tax, shipping and handling cost will be applied. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about book purchasing.
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2010 or later
- Dual core processor, 1.4 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI