DEPRO - Torque, Drag and Hydraulics Model
DEPRO is a comprehensive torque, drag and hydraulics program. Using this software, users can reduce many of the risks encountered in drilling and completion operations. DEPRO predicts the limits in the length of a horizontal well based on specific friction factors, recommends rig specifications, and evaluates the required weight to set a packer. For hydraulics, DEPRO covers downhole circulating pressures, surge and swab, equivalent circulation densities (ECD), bit optimization, hole cleaning, and volumetric displacements. Using DEPRO, downhole drilling hydraulic conditions can be fully examined and any potential problems can be identified prior to field execution.
- Torque, drag and stress calculation
- Soft and stiff string models
- Drilling, back reaming, rotation off bottom, tripping in and tripping out operations
- Sinusoidal and helical buckling prediction
- Field data comparison on hookload and surface torque
- Friction factor sensitivity analysis
- Packer setting analysis
- Casing flotation
- Swivel tool
- Oscillating vibration tool
- Torque and drag calculation on cementing job
- Hydraulics calculation: pressure, ECD, hole cleaning
- Cuttings concentration
- Surge and swab hydraulics calculation
- Bit optimization
- Hydraulics sensitivity analysis
- Bingham plastic, power law or Herschel Buckley model
- Field data comparison on ECD and SPP
- 2D/3D animation
- Graph customization
- Survey import from Excel®, text or PDF® files
- US oil field, SI and customized units
- Microsoft Word® report
- Multi-language: English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese
Trouble-Free Drilling - $125
, published by Drilbert Engineering, Inc., 2003
This 280-page reference manual containing over 200 full-color illustrations. This best-selling manual is one of the most comprehensive works available on the physics pertaining to the problem of stuck pipe. Written in an easy-to-understand, and entertaining format, Trouble-Free Drilling is an invaluable tool for rig-site supervisors, drillers, and drilling engineers.
For a limited time, a complimentary 3-month Dr. DE leasing license will be included in any book purchases. Tax, shipping and handling cost will be applied. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about book purchasing.
Fundamentals of Drilling Engineering - $190
, published by Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2011
Fundamentals of Drilling Engineering, an update of the classic Applied Drilling Engineering (Textbook Series Vol. 2), takes a new look at the basics of drilling engineering. Chapters are written by experts from industry and academia and provide numerous example problems to reinforce the concepts presented. This book is essential for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as industry professionals trying to gain detailed knowledge of basic drilling concepts.
Applied Drilling Engineering - $80
, published by Drilbert Engineering, Inc., 1991
An industry and academic standard, Applied Drilling Engineering presents engineering science fundamentals as well as examples of engineering applications involving those fundamentals. Two appendices are included, along with numerous examples. Answers are included for every end-of-chapter question.
Advanced Drilling and Well Technology - $240
, published by Drilbert Engineering, Inc., 2009
Advanced Drilling and Well Technology captures the vast developments that have occurred in well technology over the past several decades. The 10 chapters focus on applications related to many of the field-related challenges being faced today, such as deepwater and high-pressure/high-temperature wells, as well as emerging technologies like managed pressure drilling, expandable casing, coiled-tubing drilling, and multilateral wells.
- Microsoft Windows® 8/8.1, Windows® 10
- 2013 or later
- Dual core processor, 1.4 GHz or faster. Not compatible with ARM processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free disk space for installation
- 1,280 x 768 display resolution
- Setup file can be accessed from a download link or installation CD provided by PVI