CEMLab - Cement Lab Data Management System
The design and test of the slurry are integral parts of every cementing job. This process is time-consuming and expensive because of the variability of the conditions among wells. Traditionally, cementing engineers and lab technicians used paper forms to record test results. With the introduction of Microsoft Excel®, people began to take advantage of electronic filing. This significantly improved reporting quality; however, what was missing with this approach was the management of numerous reports and search functions.
Without an efficient lab database, the following situations could arise: difficulty in designing cement slurries, waste of resources in having to repeat similar tests, lack of proof when problems arise, and non-standard practices at various labs within a company.
In order to streamline cement lab operations, Pegasus Vertex, Inc. developed CEMLab, an integrated database management application that formulates slurry, calculates lab amounts for all ingredients (cement, dry and liquid additives, salts, and water), stores API test results, and generates weight-up sheets and lab reports.
This software allows quick access to all your slurry formulations and testing statuses anywhere, any time. The advanced search function allows the user to find the formula and to test it quickly.
- Web-based application
- Multiple labs with one central database
- Multi-user online collaboration
- Lead slurry, tail slurry, spacer, and wash formulation designs and calculations
- Flexible workflow: assign, submit, finalize, reassign, and redesign
- 11 standard tests and user-define test
- Search by various combined criteria
- Master material database
- Job tracking
- Due date checking for jobs
- Lab data analysis
- Equipment database and calibration
- Remote submission of test requests and review requests
- Density/porosity input
- Excel® reports: test sheet, full reports, summary, and cost report
- Email notification
- Lot number, mixing order, history log
- Cost calculation and super sack
- Lab management (admin only)
- User management with permission assignment (admin only)
- White Paper
Q1. How to change the slurry volume for CEMLab calculation?
The slurry volume can be customized for each slurry.
You can open the Setup window by click on the Setup button on the top of any slurry page, and change the slurry volume, say 600 mL. Then please click on the “Save as default” button at the left bottom corner to let CEMLab remember your settings. After that once you create a new slurry, its volume will be 600 mL.
Server System Requirements
- Dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 1.4 GHz or higher. Quad-core CPU recommended. Not compatible with ARM processor
- Windows Server® 2016 with .Net FrameWork® 3.5 and 4.7.2
- IIS Server®, Version 10.0
- Microsoft SQL Server® 2016 Express
- 4 GB RAM
- 40 GB