Torque and Drag Software (TADPRO) Training Course
This torque and drag software (TADPRO) online training course includes fundamental torque and drag concepts, common applications for drilling and casing running, and an exploration of both the capabilities and limitations of torque and drag software.
- Explain fundamental concepts of friction in a wellbore
- Understand and model common torque and drag applications
- Describe the common torque and drag limitations and challenges in drilling and casing running
- Describe the benefits of torque and drag software models
- Describe common torque and drag reduction techniques
- Explain the oil and gas industry’s responses to torque and drag limitations
- Describe operational lines in torque and drag software and the parameters that define them
- Explain the torque and drag equations and how each variables affects drilling and casing running
- Calibrate a torque and drag model to field results to determine the actual friction factors
- Use torque and drag software to model a well, identify problems, and alleviate or remediate those problems
Beginner - Intermediate
A TADPRO certification will be issued upon the completion of the training course. This certificate will differentiate you with skills and knowledge in torque and drag modeling. Earning this industry certification demonstrates to employers and perspective clients that you have the technical skills to maximize what TADPRO can do.
Benefits of having a TADPRO certification:
- Earn an industry-recognized credential that helps prove your skill level and project a more professional image for your employer.
- Develop your skills with sample projects and exercises that emphasize real-world applications.
- Accelerate your professional development and enhance your credibility and career success.
About the Instructors:
John McCormick has worked for several service companies, including five years at Weatherford in the Global Drilling Tools Unit where he was responsible for torque and drag reduction tools and five years at Halliburton as a Global Technical Advisor in the VersaFlex Expandable Liner Hanger sub product line. With 13 years of industry experience, John has run numerous hydraulics models for split flow with underreamers and other downhole tools.
$1,000 USD (10 days free TADPRO license included)
We are in the process of scheduling in person trainings, pending guidance for office settings from the CDC and other respective governing health bodies. If you would like to schedule a training before one is posted here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting the registration form, you agree to pay the above amount and agree to our cancellation policy.