Drilling Engineering Design
It is a goal of operators, service companies and drilling contractors to design and drill oil and gas wells safely and economically. Drilling engineers have the responsibility of planning and drilling the wells. Their design responsibilities include:
- Well path (directional drilling plans) according to the reservoir and targets
- Well programs (e.g., casing sizes and setting depths)
- Casing strings and cementing plans
- Drilling fluid, drill string and bit programs.
- Equipment requirements
- Cost estimates and analysis
Nowadays, many of these responsibilities are carried out by using one or more software packages.
You may also be interested in: